Redcliffe CommunityA strong sense of service and community
The Redcliffe ethos is to nurture a strong sense of service and community responsibility with the aim of encouraging our pupils to become considerate, compassionate and courageous young people who fully expect to take active responsibility for the community and the environment in which they live. We are constantly striving to improve our sustainability and eco credentials.
The Independent Schools Council ‘Schools Together’ website celebrates and encourages partnership projects between independent schools, maintained schools and local communities and Redcliffe School has a range of projects which include:
- Hosting a variety of mutually-beneficial STEM, sports, arts, and musical events with a selection of local state primaries.
- A weekly Plogging Club (picking up litter while jogging) which sees our Years 4, 5 and 6 clean up Redcliffe Gardens.
- The Senior Choir sings at the local care home, Ellesmere House, and the local hotel, Bailey’s Hotel, and also for the annual Royal Hospitals’ Trust carol service at Holy Trinity Sloane Square.
- A Young Enterprise Business Development project is run with our Year 6 pupils.
- Our older years are encouraged to take part in cooking for our local Night Shelter.
- Collections for the local Kensington and Chelsea Foodbank are held regularly.
- We offer placements for student teachers’ training.